Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Who Am I

TN Mama Bear is simply a fifty two year old single mom, who is struggling like everyone else to make sense of a world that seems to have gone nuts.

In real life, I worked for almost five years managing a portrait studio at a major store.  The company I worked for is now being sued, for various worker rights violations, and after taking as much as I could, I left, signing on to that lawsuit. It broke my heart, because in all my life, this was the one job I loved more than any other.

This left me unemployed for several months, before I finally found new employment. I will be starting my new job next week, and I'll post updates here on occasion on how it is going.  It is in health care, which I sincerely hope may help to buffer me and my family against the economic crisis that I see as inevitably hitting all of us.

Once the weather warms up, I'll probably be doing some fishing and camping, something I always enjoyed but had to give up due to my previous job taking up all of my time. I'll be freezing and otherwise preserving any fish I catch, as a buffer against any future food shortages, and I'll be sure to post that here, as well.

My indoor escape is playing World of Warcraft.  I have a guild I founded and that I turned over to my daughter in law to run, and we have a lot of good people there that I enjoy chatting with and playing the game with.  I'm sure I'll have posts about that, too!

In short, this blog is just going to be my spot on the internet to vent, share, explore, and just in general chit chat about whatever suits my mood.  I hope anyone who finds this blog enjoys it, and participates with positive conversation.  I look forward to eventually meeting others someday along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment